Fees free to Work and Income-referred clients aged 18 years and over
A 13 week programme with emphasis on practical skills. The purpose of this programme is to assist you into paid employment.
Designed to enable you to:
- Gain employment in the aged care, health or disability area and/or
- Pursue advanced tertiary training opportunities
This is a Work and Income funded programme designed to assist you off the benefit.
Course content includes:
- The carers role and the principles of care
- Health and safety in the workplace
- The older person’s needs
- Infection control
- Handling equipment and people safely
- Recognising elder abuse and neglect
- Protecting the rights and dignity of those in your care
- A practical workplace component
Notes of importance
- Our training venue is in Palmerston North
- A travel reimbursement for travel expenses incurred may be payable
- Our on-site courses are free to our students
- All prospective Care of the Older Person students must pass a Police Security check to confirm their suitability for this industry.